This is an exciting opportunity for a Service Delivery Manager to take lead of the Service Delivery of SAP core applications, SAP BW and BI systems.
Utilizing the end-to-end Service Management processes of Incident, Change, Problem, Release and Demand Management, the Service Delivery Manager will play a leading role in the identification and delivery of service and system improvements whilst ensuring robust performance management of relevant suppliers.
- Lead and Manage the Service Delivery team, fostering a working environment consistent with the values of the BBC.
- Establish and maintain strong and productive relationships with suppliers, IT outsourcing partners and other support teams to ensure that service performance is effectively managed and monitored, and issues are dealt with promptly and in line with contractual obligations.
- Manage the relationship with BBC People and the Academy stakeholder and Local Expert community.
- Ensure the appropriate development of all staff utilising the BBC Staff Development Process for all team members. Identify development needs, training requirements and recruit additional staff as necessary.
- Enforce and manage a disciplined ITIL V3 Service Management framework culture.
- Engage with SAP and their customer community through the various forums
- Lead and drive the negotiation/resolution of complex service management issues and disputes involving suppliers and users.
- Lead the periodic review of Service Level Specification and Performance Monitoring to ensure alignment with evolving business requirements, and negotiate changes where necessary
- Manage department and system budgets and assume accountability for managing spend within agreed limits
Desired Skills and Experience
To be effective in this role, you will possess the ability to inspire, lead and galvanise a Service delivery team, challenging established ways of working, systems, processes, and people in order to drive business effectiveness and efficiency. Must have experience in implementing SAP projects.
You will need to be confident in communication to convey messages, often complex and technical in nature, in a way that is understood widely and clearly; the ability to use a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information. Your stakeholder relationship skills must be excellent to build and maintain effective working relationships, ensuring supplier achievement of contractual requirements, service level requirements and quality service management delivery.
Proven experience in managing competing priorities and resolving tensions or conflicts will be essential in this role. We will also be looking for someone who demonstrated analytical skills and has the ability to make sense of complex and logical problems quickly.
You will also have a strong technical expertise with a demonstrable track record of individual technical achievement and successful delivery in customer facing services especially within complex technology environments where the services are highly critical to business continuity.
You will ideally hold ITIL Foundation qualifications, although Expert accreditation is preferred. You will also have a recognised BI certification such as PRINCE 2 or Agile Methodology.